Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This is a totally random post about whatever comes to my head. I've been busy over the last few days...weeks even! I'm going home for christmas!! YAY!!! However, as yay as it is, i have to miss some school, meaning iv got to do lots so that im ok by the time i'm leaving. I'v got exams to reschedule, assignments to hand in early, etc, etc! So thats what i've been doing. I actually like being a student. I like the carefree, i dont have to worry bout anyone but me feeling. I go home when i want to, eat when i want to, sleep when i want to. I'm finally over that preliminary home-sickness that you get when you first leave home. See I have never been to bording school, never lived away from home for more than a month. So when I left home last year to go to uni, it was all a bit of a shock and i would cry almost every day for the first like two weeks. I don't do that anymore. I was talking to kanja and he was saying how I don't talk as much, but he knows its because I have become more independent. Its true. I've learnt to just get on. Things don't get to me as much. There are always hurdles to jump, these days I just jump them. Thats just what I have to do. Even if i complain or get upset about it, i still have to jump them...not to say that I don't complain...oh I do! I can throw a mean tantrum if I want to....what would life be without tantrums? I guess I'm growing up....funny, I just put "tantrum" and "growing up" together....a complex type of simplicity. Someone said something in passing the other day..."life is crap, but its just too short"...its so true. This thing called life just relentlessly throws things at you, but then its like its too short to do all the things you want to do. I want to travel, I want to do so many things, I want to experience as many new things as I can. I wonder if I will. I'll definately give it a shot, but I bet I won't do everything I dream about. But at least I have my dreams. They keep me going. People say I've changed. I don't feel like I have. I don't feel any different. But maybe I have. How can I not. I'm changing, I'm evolving, I'm finding myself, I'm growing into me. I've always had uniform to wear to school, parents telling me what time my curfew is, food that I just found at the table, everything was done. Now I do it all by myself. It's a great experience, I sometimes don't like some of the things about me, I never knew before that I could ever act a certain way, but i do and thats just how it is!

7 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

good for you that you get to go home! i'm also looking forward to christmas at home.

and also good for you that you've gotten over that home-sickness. i had problems at the beginning as well; away from home, totally different place, no kenyan community at that time. i even went back home (leaving my mom, bro & sis these sides), though i was back here after slightly more than a year.

3:40 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

even after spending high school in boarding school nothing could have prepared me for leaving home - i always knew back then that my parents weren't far away but i had to adjust and i did. i still do homesick though, but as time get's on its easier. mr. teddy keeps saying that i sound so grown up ... i guess i do cos as you said we have to keep growing and changing. i figure i would be more offended if someone said that i had stayed the same.
nice post nyas ... don't potea like that.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Acolyte said...

Have fun!I am sure you will have a ball back home!

2:31 AM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

Hi gal
Allow me to be the fisrt in the welcome committee i know nick will want in and the blue poet i mean the whole wagon. So karibu nyumbani* playing the song werocamu na wakinya kwa kipepeo usiti downi*
safe travels and allthe best as you do the last minute everything.

10:13 AM  
Blogger joani said...

glad to hear you'll be with family for christmas :) i've never been away from my parents (they won't let me, i'm an only child, hehe), so i can only imagine how tough it'd be to live in a place by yourself.

i'll stop myself before i start rambling.. so here ends my comment. have fun @ home! post up some pics afterwards ;)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

christmas with kipepeo what a blast..shangwe na vigelelgele at the airport..u may arrive the same day as Milo by the way

3:56 PM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

so can see we are hosting almost half of the KBW.. safe journey as u prepare to land and some hot Njivas and kuku from Kenchic will be waiting for u...

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home