Thursday, March 02, 2006



I've just had a glass of wine...ok ok...two glasses of wine! So I've got that nice warm feeling, much like the woman in this painting. I just feel like laying down with no clothes on and feel clean cotton sheets all around me. I don't even want anyone in the sheets with me! Yeah, i know...totally weird!! The other day, my housemates and I were up till like 2 a.m talking bout this whole idea of love. Without saying who said what, some people believe in it, some felt that it was just not there. Not there in that its just a concept we want to believe in. It starts with physical attraction or just passion and infatuation and after that, what's left is tolerance. You have to learn to tolerate. One point that was brought up was this...if you can have lots of friends, love them all the same, just in different degrees and for different things, why can that not apply to your "the one"? Nobody is perfect and different people have different qualities about them.. You can't have the whole package no matter how badly you want it. It's a fact...nobody is perfect, everyone has their flaws and their good points. But then is love not that ability to love wholly, completely and without concentrating on these negativities but instead absorbing them and embrasing as part of the person...a rose has its thorns, does it not? Does it make it any less beautiful? You take it in it's whole...as a rose...leaves, petal formation, thorns, everything! So that was the basic trail of thought between us housemates that night.
As for now, today, I still want to do lots of things...I want to travel, I want to see so many things...i was talking to someone and they were like..."oh, kipepeo, you want to go everywhere"....I do. I really do...and not just that, but I will!!! Watch this space...i want to go to nepal, i want to go to karachi, i want to go to cuba, i want to go to argentina, egypt,ivory coast, so many places...so little time...mental...our equator plan is still on right? But I'll do all those. I have to...this is like a really ranting combined with a little too much wine post...I've sort of learnt to just let life be. Whatever happens, was meant to be...ofcourse it helps with my hoping and working towards certain things, but I've come to realise that it doesn't always work out as planned, but everything always ends up ok and you always need a basic plan to work towards. Do fríendships change? What happens if what used to be, just isn't anymore. The carefree laughter isn't there anymore, when you have to think before you say something, when you can't just chillax and catch a flick and have the time of your life. ok, let me stop now...

11 Comments:

Blogger gishungwa said...

am not sure if i believe in love but one thing i know for sure is that love is a verb( the things you do) and not a word you know the things that you say. Its also alot of work, there are no breaks in it you always work for it. THen just do your thing oyu live onnly once so baby knock yourself out have fun put yourself first and make yourself happy.
By the way am portable so pack me in when travelling or i could be the maid who helps you to dress... Ti hi hi hi

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love exists for all mankind.Love between two people in a relatioship will let you down.Love for humanity is the goal we all should strive for.Love between two people in a relatioship will hurt and break you. Give love for the world a chance.Give your partner this love of humanity and be loyal.Any purported love beyond that is the illusion that we must not telorate¬

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our plan is still on! Remember you have to try and grow an afro before we leave :-)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mr Teddy said...

the ability to love brings into existance the love itself. and an actualized concept that pple believe in means that it in itself exists. coz where does love reside but in the hearts of those that are in love and love and are loved?its not a thing you have to recieve,but a gift for you to give.
and that travelling thing rocks. promise to share all can when i start.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

Love is a complicated quagmire... I've described as a battle field and I don't think I'll be to far from the truth, but the spoils that go to the Victor are a high price to pay should the victor be fickle with noe need for the spoils gained .

7:58 PM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Hey Kips, ranting away... well have a nice weekend and if you ever come to the Uzbec holler at brotha, am perfect.

8:48 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

do u for real for real live in the uzbec brother jero?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Mr Teddy said...

and all that vibe about true blue love existing should't be on debate.it should be an individual quest. its all about belief. you cant be shown true love, either you experiene it, therefore for you it exists, or you choose not to experience it, and therefore it doesn't and cannot exit for you. its all a matter of whether we have the guts to find it for ourselves or we want others to dictate what we can or cannot experience.

11:21 AM  
Blogger KenyanMusings said...

Nice one Peo.
I have the same feelings about love or that thing they call that....and it is hard work. It is hard work, and it is rewarded when you accept each other for who they are, and you are happy with that. It is tough, but I reckon it is always worth it.
About travelling!!! That is all I talk about, I move around every chance I get....never seem to get enough.....I have my wishlist too, its quite a dream, but I will do it all.
kepp well and good week dear.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me loves traveling too. we should form a travel club...thoughts?

5:05 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@anonymous...definately. travel club sounds great!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home