Friday, May 27, 2005

ugh!!

hmm...i have blogged about this before...Im mixed race. I'm Kenyan...thats who I am! I do not take it well when im called a mulatto, yellow and all the other derrogatory terms. Many people think that I'm indian...i dont blame them...i may look a little indian. I confess, sometimes i like people not knowing where i come from. I thought i was in one of those moments the other day when I met some guy from congo. He was introduced to me, we said hi, and he went on to ask where i was from..."india or pakistan"...he passed judgment and already concluded that I must be from one of them! So just to go along with it for a laugh, i replied, actually, I'm from Nepal (totally off point...i really want to go to Nepal at some point in my life). Anyway, he believed me up until a few days ago when a mutual friend told him that i was from kenya...so today, he was in the library and told me that he found out i was kenyan...so i replied, yes, but you had made your conclusions, so i just went along...he then went on to say that yes, when a black person collaborates with a white person, they produce a pakistani!!!....ok, first off, again he jumped to his own ignorant mis-informed conclusions. He has no idea where my mother or my father is from. He said it in a very derrogatory way that i really didnt take to kindly. Goodness the ignorance that fills the world we live in!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

they say ignorance is bliss. trust me kips(i can call u kips right?) just be happy with who you are..what others say or think becomes mind over matter. i.e you won't mind cause they don't matter

6:10 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

That's one evil scientist trying to re-write genetics. How does as he states a white-black collabo result in a Pakistani?! Am sure even the Creator is frowning at this ignorance. So, that would make Kenyans a mix of Congolese and...?,lol!

People pass judgement all day & I can only imagine how tough it is to grow up mixed race. Chin up & keep your head up.

6:44 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@nick...thanks...thats a really cool way to look at things, im going to write that down in my little book of thoughts...kips...hmmm better than what you came up with last...

@akiey...yes he is an evil scientist...i was like...huh? i feel better now after ranting, so i will keep my head up, thanks...

10:10 AM  
Blogger WM said...

Why would you even begin to give this kind of thing the time of day? This comes under the strict heading of OPP--Other People's Problems. No one is paying you to give free therapy to idiots. In any case, if it's any help I'm not mixed anything (well, probably I am, I've often suspected that there were some things my grandmother forgot to clarify to my mother)but it doesn't matter where in the world I am or to whom I am speaking, somebody will always decisively tell me that I am from Oklahoma/Ethiopia/Botswana/London/Halifax etc. I must have that one size fits all kind of face....ain't but a thang.

9:45 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@wm...yeah, its kinda cool when u can slide into anything. and thanks...that just made my day...not being payed to give free therapy to idiots...funny!!! cheers

10:13 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

yeah crys, i feel you. i get alot of questions cos of my dreads, most of them involve weed and believe it or not withcraft (some crazy lady asked me if i have access to love potions)its pretty funny how silly people are. just go along with it and keep looking on the bright side, trust me, the further along you go, the more hilarious peoples daftness will seem.

6:34 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@spicey...sister dread..i feel u. i actually told someone yesterday that i was indian, with a straight face. im getting there!! it was hilarious!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Ms K said...

This comment is being written by a seriously hungover and sleepy Kenyan woman so ignore some or all of it.

LMAO!! Ati Pakistani?!! Please put that guy in a box and send him to me. I need a house pet for amusement.

I have also been mistaken for things. Am I the only one who got a serious kick out of being mistaken for Ethiopian? I was happy for days!! In fact even now the memory puts warm things in my heart!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@miss k...as soon as i can catch him, u can have him!...LMAO at the house pet thing

@xenon...thanks...u can ...thats what my mum tells me when i come across such asses...

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home