Thursday, June 02, 2005

little things...

The past year in my life has been such a roller coaster. I'v learnt to become numb and just do what i have to do. If i think about things too much, i only end up worrying about things too much. So as a defense mechanisim, i have learnt to just ignore things even when im going through them. So After what seems like a whirlwind, I'm finally settling down...i think, im not quite there yet, but i will be. I can feel it in my bones!! I sometimes get caught up in trying to make my future work out, that i forget about all the little nice things that are here with me, in the present. I realised the other day that i have lots of great things happening to me.
....my mum is one of these. She is the greatest woman in the universe and beyond. she is my rock. I may not like to listen to her sometimes, but she has proven to be always right! She is the type of person i want to be!
......my boyfriend. We've had a couple of tiffs over the past few weeks. i know its crazy to be having them being so far from each other. But we are both human. We both have very strong personalities and sometimes we rub each other in the wrong way. But he is the love of my life. He's focused and knows he's going somewhere. He keeps me going. I can truly say i love him with all my heart.
....my friends...over the last month especially, i have met some pretty amazing people! Not just friends to have a laugh with, although we do, but people who have direction. One amazing woman in particular and if she reads this she will know that i am refering to her.....miss up there in the stars with tom cruise!!
....im healthy and alive. Its so easy to overlook that. I get up in the morning, have a shower and get out for the day. I feel the warm water on my skin, i see all the pretty flowers as i walk to wherever im going, i can hear the birds chirping. I'm perfectly healthy! for that, im grateful!
.....most of all, i like who i am! I smile alot, i cry alot, i have alot. I'm still relatively young and i think i have done quite a bit for my age.
so here's to noticing all the little things we have around us that we tend to take forgranted!


4 Comments:

Blogger Guessaurus said...

This is cool. We all ignore the little bits and look at the big bits, not knowing that the big bits wouldnt happen if the little bits werent there. Like being alive, healthy etc.

I needed to remember that today....Thank you

10:52 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@guess...im glad i made someone remember that...yup the big bits wouldnt be there without the little bits...i really like this bit language...tres chic!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

i had read somewhere that to live life in content every night be thankful and or be grateful to 5 things in your life...and u will live life better. even if its anything little

6:18 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@nickyboo...thanks, i shall start that right now!! great idea!!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home