Thursday, September 01, 2005

a new beginning

ok, so today was my first day of business school. I hate that newbie feeling. I didnt know anyone and apart from me, there was a really really tall guy from sudan. So, that makes only two black people in my class. I think he's really wow. he's 40, he's married with 5 kids and is just starting out with his degree. That my friends is something to look up to! In Finland the education system makes the professors more laid back which i really like. For example one professor introduced herself and continued to add that if anyone's hobby has anything to do with dogs, they should go to her because she's a doggy person!!...ok!! There are people from all over, so its nice to meet all the different people! Oh, then iv got this really huge polish professor. He's hilarious. He's always on his touch screen phone looking all busy. Did i mention he is huge!! And dude does he sweat! He was wearing a blazer ontop of his dress shirt and you could see the sweat stain seeping all the way round to the front of his chest from under his arms or wherever it was from!!! Major eeew! But he made us all really laugh to make up for it! And the chinese students have chinese names, but when they introduce themselves, they tell you that they shall give you their english names because its easier. True. But i didnt know they had English names like matilda, maggie, jessie! Hm. Quite interesting. OH and this is a big OOOOOOH! I moved into my new room! It's sooo exciting. put up my mirrors, my curtains just fit, my fitted sheets are a little too big, but a bit of kipepeo magic and you would never tell, my candles add that extra spunk. All in all, i'm feeling really good about it!!!....About everything actually...apart from the fact that school starts at 8 tomorrow morning!! 8!!! Geez!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Guessaurus said...

Good on you gal - I'm sure you will fit right in and in no time you will be asking yourself why you felt so odd on the first day: Funny thing is, everybody feels like that, everybody, including the professors - so take that outlook and you will be fine.

As for the Chinese students - believe me they all have English names which are supposed to be easier for English and/or non Chinese speaking people. Question though: how is Christopher or Alexander or Matilda easier to pronounce than Lu, Chi, Rai, or Hu - seriously..

Hope you keep us posted on all the happenings out there and yes, we all love pictures, don't we guys?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

I second, third and fourth Guess on the pics!!! Hey there Guess!

I love new things / situations / encounters / people... Ooh how I envy you!!!

Important things first... How far is school from Kanja?

Prof Sweat-a-lot may be a distant cousin of Murush ;)

Enjoy B-Fly!!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

BTW

Some if us get up pre-6 in da morn so don't even go there bout 8am ;)

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your new room and all the best with business school

7:41 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Everyones already said what I wanted to say- but-
Enjoy!


Blue

8:26 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

Hey i wish u all the best kipepeo. spread you ur wings and enjoy every moment of this!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Hey all the best in school...
Ati your lecturer is a doggy person ooooh no comment....
Mr sweaty u can get fresh Aloe plabnt from Africa to curb the sweating part...
@Guess they are easier pronounced away from China but not in China lol

10:16 AM  
Blogger Luna said...

I found Chinese thing name here as well...and these sides its usually their Canadian roommate who will choose it for them..It disturbs me..

-gUUd lAck kip!

7:58 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@guess...thanks...i hope the "no time" comes soon. But i have a sneaky feeling it will! i will definately keep u posted with pics!
@milo...pics shall be a coming! school is oh...finland...kanja is oh...kenya!! its hard! lol at my prof being a distant cousin of murush!!
@mjy...thank you. i shall definately enjoy my new room!
@blue aka papa smurf...i shall definately enjoy! thanks.
@nick...thanks. i will try spread my wings, bat away all the bad people and enjoy my adventures!
@nakeel...lol at the aloe!!hihi!thanks!
@luna...yeah, what is up with the english names? thanks for the good wishes!

10:43 AM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

Waasapa gal, i wish i was you minus the school thing but with meeting all these strange people. Enjoy school and pics please.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home