Tuesday, September 27, 2005

SMOKEY!!!!!!

Do you ever wonder what all "this" is for? Why do we bother...? It kinda feels like my life doesnt belong to me all of a sudden. Its not mine, I feel removed from me and I'm going on just with what i have to do...like a robot! Somebody asked me to think about what the world would be if I wasnt in it....good question...I have to make my presence here known. I have to live this life that was given to me and make sure that it is known that I lived! Then somebody else told me how their life was changing and they were seeing things in a different light...life is way shorter than we think. So burn the nice candles that you think are too pretty to burn, use that perfume you save for special days, wear make up on a normal day...just because you can! When I was small, I had a box of these really cool crayons, they had glitter, crayon holders that were squidgy so it was nice to hold, they smelt lush and there were all the colors you could ever imagine! They were too special to use. So I saved them. I put them in a special place and saved them. Now if you ask me what exactly I was saving them for? I would not be able to answer you. Its not like there was a contract I was waiting for to do a piece that was going to be put in the Louvre, no, but i was saving them for something special....I never did use my crayons...dont know where they are today. Grew out of the excitement of them...but i should have used them then. Used them to write birthday cards for my parents and friends, draw pictures of butterflies for my walls, something, anything!!! So I figure, from now on, I'm going to do something smokey inspired and LIVE!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sandman said...

like the Bible says - hope is for the living!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Prousette said...

lovely post, deeep.
About the leaving the world thing only about 50 people of the total 6 billion would notice that I stepped briefly here. Sad but true so shall start living now...!

10:25 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@haidhuru...thanks...thats so true..life is fleeting.
@poi...thanks...i do exactly that with my candles. good to know i got you thinking...and yes, God should definately be a part of it.
@sandman...rings true.
@prousette...thanks...50 seems like a small number, but at least you were noticed!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

life is beautiful. Full of perfect happiness and sadness.Perfect.

11:58 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@nganga...wow...love that...read it like 4 times before it nicely sank in.thanks

12:21 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

true true.
don't just sit there waiting for tomorrow or waiting for things to get better or waiting for the perfect moment to use your special crayons, do it now!! who guarantees us that the tomorrow we're waiting for is going to come?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Hey Pips

This, like everyone has said, was a brilliant post to say the least...

Ive been accused of living life too much but my response is always that:
1. there is enough sadness and sorrow out there to last a lifetime
2. there is enough joy and happiness out there to last a life
I choose to focus my attention on no.2 and to do that now!!!

Thx for the reminder!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Gal what a nice post.
Dont sit down and wait for the next day or next turn to come pond the thing right now for you never know what tomorrow holds or where you shall be in the next few seconds...
Tight one...

9:46 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

enyewe lifeis too short we better live it up and live it up right here and right now..can i get an Amen!!!!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home