Wednesday, April 26, 2006

kikoi weekend!

I love my culture, I love my people and one place to experience the two is at the maasai market...whichever one you may choose to go to. Be it at the village market, the good old tuesday market in town, these days they are all over the place. I'm proud to say that Kenyans are getting ever so creative and every time I go back home, I marvel at the new designs they come up with. Chic meets africa! And I just love it!!! The colours, the textures, everything is amazing. My all time favorite is the kikoi. You can do so many things with it. It's great as a scarf, headwrap (still looking for someone to tell me how to wrap one!!), as a body wrap. It's just an excellent piece of art to have. Men wrapped in a kikoi is sex on legs!! Everytime I wear my kikoi, I feel a little bit closer to home! The vibrant colours never cease to leave me in awe. So if you have one, this weekend is kikoi weekend...(so say I)!! Joing me and wear your kikoi in whichever way you please!! Bring them out!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms K said...

Ok Ok I'ma get off your blog now!!

I love Kikoys too. I tried to make an outfit with some red ones I had but my tailor was... bila imagination and ruined it. Currently looking for someone to do it right.

I'll wear my orig blue one (the real Kikoy brand. Its lush!!!) on Sato!

2:06 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@miss k, aaaww!! miss k!!!! u said lush!!!!! i had one of those kenyan apron outfits done for me which came out brilliant. it adds a bit of lushness to any outfit!!! oooooh i see potential shopping mates in kenya!!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

nyas, you must do free advertising for the person who did your designs and give names, addresses, emails, locations etc. we want. we want!

i don't know why people knock men who wear kikoi's, i so agree with you. S.E.X.Y!

7:17 PM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

Love kikois just cant say no form really white ones to all sorts of strande colors. ANyway found this amybe you can try:-

Tying a head wrap using simple cotton cloth is easy; after a few tries, you should be able to do it quickly without much trouble.

STEP 1: Stretch the head wrap around the back of the head making sure that both sides are equal in length.

STEP 2: Pull out one of the sides across the top of the head.

STEP 3: Pull the other side across the top of the head.
STEP 4: Bring the left side of the head wrap around the back of the head to the right side of the head.
STEP 5: Bring the right side of the head wrap around the back of your head to the left side of the head.

STEP 6: Fold the two pieces of head wrap on the front of your head. Secure with bobby pins.

Don't be afraid if it doesn't come together right for the first time. It takes a little while to get the hang of it, but once you do, you'll be able to deck yourself out in all the latest head wrap fashions.

8:08 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@nyas...this lady in westlands did it for me...complete with cowrie shells that i love love love...will give you the contacts for when ur headed back home...
@gishungwa...u doll you!!! i am going home to try it right now!! kisses and more butterfly kisses!!!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home