Monday, April 11, 2005

hard

Ok, tried the natural hair…hmmm…I think I need to wait for all my hair to go natural. I actually really like my natural curls, but the straight tips,…leave a lot to be desired! But I am going natural…in the long run!! For now, it’s a bun for the next few months! Anyway, my better half is not feeling too up beat. I know what it feels like, when you just don’t know what the hell is going on in your life and everything just seems so darn pointless. There was a point I thought of quitting this whole uni thing and just becoming some secretary somewhere in nairobi…they eat, sleep,laugh, everything that everyone else does. Then I figured I didn’t work my ass off in school for that…especially I.B!!!! But its hard to make someone feel better from so far. Especially when all I wish I could do is just hold him and be there for him to personally just pour it all out to. The distance is hard…very hard! Kanja’s my bestest estest…(I really cannot overemphasize the “estest”) friend in the whole world. I can talk to him about anything under the sun. He can step out of kanja my boyfriend and in a second be just kanja my best friend, to kanja my role model, to kanja my guardian angel. He’s a lot of things rolled up in one. He sometimes doesn’t see how much potential he has in him. I wish he did see that more often. He’s got an inner strength that moves him and anyone around him. Sometimes in my secretary giving up tantrams, his energy picks me , even if he doesn’t try too hard and I just have to move ahead, no choice. He’s my life cheer leader and a damn good one at that. So im finding it hard to cheer up someone who’s feeling down and who’s a natural winner and the strongest person I know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms K said...

"He can step out of kanja my boyfriend and in a second be just kanja my best friend, to kanja my role model, to kanja my guardian angel. He’s a lot of things rolled up in one."

That was just the loveliest way to describe Kanja. It reminds me of my boyfriend, who is also a whole lot of things rolled into one. The best things. I feel like I won the lottery of life when I met him.

About cheering him up, I'm also in a long dist rlnshp. Its hard, but sometimes it just knowing that he's there. Sometimes I call him and he's having a bad day, and then I feel so helpless cos he's so far and like there's nothing I can do. But then I remember he always says he gets a good vibe just from talking to him. So I concentrate on getting him to laugh, and cheering him up, and in no time he sounds a bit better.

Sometimes its just letting him know you're there!

12:32 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

Thanks miss k. I know, nice to hear of someone else far from their better half...everyone thinks its a dumb idea...but ours is too strong not to go through this and its not forever. So wow to you!!!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys should form a Long Distance Relationship Blog Ring (LDRB?) :-)

On a more serious note...pole Kanja is feeling down. I hope you reads what you wrote about him. Those words ought to make him smile kidogo

6:04 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

i really think thats a great idea! Then we can kick asses of ignoramuses(is that a cool word or what) who think it cant be done!!! im a bitter woman!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

@MJY - You took the words outta my fingerprints, I think we should form the LDRB ring. That was too funny.

@Crys - I absolutely love the way you described Kanja, that is waaay cool.
I and Ms K are also in the same boat of LDR, and I feel the same way. Even if I broke up with my BF, he would still be my best friend. He calms me down and I feel helpless when he is down.

So I know how you feel, and I hope he knows too.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home