Saturday, December 10, 2005

I was standing at the train station yesterday and my goodness do Finns spit! It's absolutely disgusting!! I stood there in my little corner and all around my you hear someone gather everything in their throat then hurl it out with a loud splat!!! So I really try not look where I'm stepping coz if i do, then i will take ages to get anywhere coz of avoiding all the splats of all different colors and density! eeeew!! Funny some people who've been here for a long time kinda get used to it. I can't the sound is the worst. Since everyone is doing it, its like a 6th sypmphony of finnish spitters!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn! u better start walking with an umbrella 24/7.
lol @ 6th sypmphony of finnish spitters

7:18 PM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

that my dear is one of the most disgusting behaviour. I cant stand walking with anyone who does that. I had a walalo friend years back, we were going out with a group of friends then he decided he needed to clean his throat. I avoided him like a plague!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Prousette said...

As someone wise once said
"Tembea uone" I am disgusted just at the thought. Does it have cultural connotations, the spit cleanses your soul or something to that effect???

12:20 PM  
Blogger Machozi said...

Yea i have a finish chick pal of mine who does it too..first time i saw her do it i was horrified a girl spitting! yurk! and she said that everyone does it back home...living in a first world country doesnt mean that the citizens are 1st world..my friend works at a bar in my town and she was doing a bathroom check jana and some chick had left her shit stained pants with some of the shit still in it on the near the sink!!!! wazungu!

5:28 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

eek i hate spitters. all over campus there are people who spit everywhere. it has taken the joy out of sitting outside especially when you hear them first clearing their throats, snorting, grunting, swirling it around and then spitting ... think i've just grossed myself out. but i definately feel you. yuk!

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF!!!!At least in my part of the South ppl dont spit much.Shouldnt there be some sort of public ordinance against spitting in public?

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home