Monday, December 12, 2005

I've got a long draft post that I've saved. I havn't finished it, but i will post it when I am. Right now, I'll write what's on my mind. I'm going home tomorrow. I know alot has changed. I hate sickness. I hate when other people are sick. I don't know what to do with the whole situation.
My aunt was diagnosed with cancer like 3 months ago. She's gone for some sessions of chemo but she's deteriorating relatively fast. The doctors aren't treating her for cancer anymore. She's too weak to have anymore chemo. All they can do is treat her for the pain. She used to live in her own house, now she goes between my house and her daughters house. She has to have a nursing aid because she can't stand up on her own most of the time anymore, she needs help to have a bath. In short, she's really sick. I don't know what to expect. She was fine and healthy when I left. I don't want to see her like that - in that state where she's so weak. Thats not the aunt that I know. I don't really know how to handle it all. It's a little scary...ok quite scary.

6 Comments:

Blogger Luna said...

Im sure that you will be able to deal with it. Be your beautiful self and just show her love..Remember that quote about not just having days in your life, but putting life into your days and make that your mission..tranfer your fear into her hope.
Have a safe trip home- God speed!

10:20 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

i lived with my grandpa and later on my aunt as they both struggled with illnesses that ended up killing them. it didn't seem like it then, but the last moments i spent with them were among the most amazing i ever had with either of them. all i can say is stay positive and be there for them - the small things like having conversations and spending time with them go a very long way. my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

5:07 PM  
Blogger AfroFeminista said...

Hey, my thoughts are with you.

As Spicebear said (and having experienced that), sometimes it works out that the last days/weeks/months with an ill relative are some of the most enriching. They keep you going when they are no longer there. I pray it's the same for you, with time.

Travel safe

7:34 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

remember its not about how u feel its about the other person...it's hard for u i know...but remember just being there will make all the difference. thast best way to look at it. otherwise welcome back

5:32 PM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

It very difficult to see a loved one suffering but you have to be strong. Its ok to feel the way you're feeling just pray and cry if you have to. My thought are with you!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Pole, your Auntie will be better, just pray.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home