Sunday, March 06, 2005

interesting thought...

I’m known at home by my friends as the flu queen….im always down with the flu. Surprisingly though, I havent had one in a while, well up until now. One would think that since I get the flu so often, id be used to it by now…I guess not!! I feel like my head is swimming and someone’s put weights on my eye lids. I was thinking just a while ago. There is some italian philosopher, don’t know his name, just heard of him in passing. Anyway, he says or said…I think he passed away some time ago, but then again he could be alive. Anyway, he said that each person has more than 100 personalities, maybe even hundreds. I think its amazingly true. Let me explain how this school of thought goes. The way my mum sees me, is different from how my boyfriend sees me, which is different from what someone iv met for the first time thinks and sees of me, which is different from any other person in my life. Everyone has a certain perception of my personality. One person may think im bubbly, the next person may think im shy. I’ll give a great example. There’s this email going around. You know the kind that you answere all these questions about the person who sent it to you. Well I sent it round to people and it was amazing at what people think. One question went….”do you think im shy or outgoing?”…well the answers were really varied, some people thought I was shy, some thought I was outgoing, some thought a mix of both…whatever that’s supposed to mean. I mean, I would think a person is either shy or outgoing-black or white, no space for grey areas. But apparently I am viewed very differently from one person to the next. Thus if you think about it, there are hundreds of me’s! the person I say hi to in the plane sitting next to me and have a small chat with, to my boyfriend, to my best friend. One could argue that it depends on how well they know me. But fact is, at this point, they all think of me very differently and all have different feelings as to what my personality is like. And I think that is really interesting…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home