Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The days are creeping up on me. I have a week before I leave and start up again in Finland. I’m terrified, excited and anxious all rolled into one. I take risks, this is a big one. But I will confess, I’m a coward and panic like I’m being paid, but its something I have to do, so my cowardness has been put in the back seat for now. So I was thinking about Italy. I hated it. But then again, there are some things that I liked about it, that would not be fair to just forget so simply. First off, the food….oh my goodness!!!!! I had taste bud orgasims all the time!! Ice cream, chocolate, TIRAMISU…which I learnt how to make!!! Pizza, coffee, and I mean real espresso ristretto, pasta, fresh mozzerrella, riccotta, fritelle’s filled with zabaglione…ok, I shall stop now, I’m getting hungry. I learnt the language. I got to know some really nice people. Got to see so much art and old monuments and churches….VENICE!!! I adore venice! But I also learnt this beautiful phrase which a friend once said to me…”quando vogliamo d’avere una cosa, tutto l’universo conspira per averlo”….when we want something, the whole universe conspires so you can have it. It was an experience, one I wouldn’t like to go through again, but somehow, in a strange way, I’m glad that I did. So its behind me now and I’ve got finland ahead of me. A strange land with lots of trees and lakes and freezing cold for 6 months of the year practically….but im determined to have a great time!

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
- Calvin Coolidge, former US president

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best with your move.

2 years ago I backpacked across Scandinavia but didn't make it as far as Finland. I really wish I had. Sweden and Norwary were amazing and I imagine Finland to be the same.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

oh u lucky insect u...think of it as a time to blossom of ur cacoon and spread em butterfly wings..and guess what????? even in finland i'll still be ur blogmate...all the best crys

7:52 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@ MJY,..its a challenge, but i guess it'll have to be great. There isnt an alternative really.
@nick...u had better still be my blogmate when im in finland. it will not be a time to prove ur badness.....no no no

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is all about taking risks - ask any successful human being and that's what they will tell you. All the best as you make this big step in your life. Personally, i love Italy...will be moving there in a couple of months.

7:07 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ms K said...

You know that old cliche, life is what you make it! I know people hate cliches but the reason they are cliches is because they are so true and people used them so much they became cliches (some anyway!)

You know we all rooting for you!! Besides, there are butterflies in Finland too!! And babies!! And tiramisu! And blogland!!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

wow, that was a major typo on my last comment. so i shall do it again....
@ sunflower..that is such a cool name...im loving it! thanks, i tell myself i will survive, but its nice to hear it from someone else...thanks.

@anonymous...Italia non era per me, spero che per te sia tutto che vuoi!! viva italia!

@ms k...thanks for reminding me and putting all my favorite things in one sentence! oh my god just saw a woman in pink tights....totally irrelevant, but she should not have left the house! anyway, i shall make it a blast! no reason why i shouldnt right?

12:34 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

A journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step. Stay focused & all will work out fine. Much sucecess to you.

3:29 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

@ akiey..thank you!! :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home